Wow! I was reminded today that I had a blog for a short period of time...and I just read my last blog from 2009 and I was thinking about going back to school for nursing then too! I never did pursue it though...somehow life just keeps getting in the way! I am really hoping that I will get to start my prerequisites for nursing next year and finally start this journey that I always wanted to take. :)
I really believe that it is never to too late to follow your dreams. And sometimes dreams change. I've had so many changes in the past few years that I should know that sometimes changes have to happen in order to get closer to your dreams...
One of the biggest changes I've had to endure is that for about 1 year now I've been following a gluten free diet. What is gluten you ask? Gluten is a substance present in cereal grains, especially wheat, that is responsible for the elastic texture of dough. A gluten-free diet is a diet that excludes the protein gluten. Gluten is found in grains such as wheat, barley, rye and triticale (a cross between wheat and rye) and also in almost every processed item in the store that is not labeled gluten free. I have to avoid all food and drinks containing: Barley (malt, malt flavoring and malt vinegar are usually made from barley), Bulgur, Durum flour, Farina, Graham flour, Kamut, Semolina, Spelt, Beer, Breads, Cakes; Pies; Candies; Cereals; Cookies; Crackers; Croutons; French fries; Gravies; Imitation meat or seafood; Matzo; Pastas; Processed lunch meats; Salad dressings; Sauces; Soy sauce; Seasoned rice mixes; Seasoned Snack foods; Self-basting poultry; Soups and soup bases; and Vegetables in sauce. If it is labeled as gluten-free or made with corn, rice, soy, or other gluten-free grain then it is okay to eat.
This might sound horrible to most of you and I can honestly say I wasn't so thrilled myself when I found out I had to make this change but now I can't imagine my life any other way. I have so much more energy, I'm not in as much pain (from osteoarthritis), and I no longer have digestion problems.
So, sometimes changes can help move you closer to your dreams...and I'm still moving onward towards mine...:)
I
2 comments:
Yay, I can read your blog again :) Glad you're back on it, too!
Thank you Allison! :)
Post a Comment