




Veterans Day is the day set aside to thank and honor ALL those who served honorably in the military - in wartime or peacetime. In fact, Veterans Day is largely intended to thank LIVING veterans for their service, to acknowledge that their contributions to our national security are appreciated, and to underscore the fact that all those who served - not only those who died - have sacrificed and done their duty. http://www1.va.gov/opa/vetsday/
THANK YOU to all of our Veterans and
Happy Veterans Day! :)
I'll be honest, usually when there is a holiday or a day off that is not Thanksgiving or Christmas, etc.- I'm just happy to have a day off from work. I don't usually pay much attention to why it is a holiday or what that day actually means to some people. Well now that I have Kaci, I want to pay attention, to learn, and to educate her on what these holidays are and why they are important. And, today is a really important day! Where would we be if so many dedicated men and women did not volunteer to be in our military and continue to protect and serve our Country!?! I don't even want to think about the possible answers to my rhetorical question. Wish me luck on my journey to educate myself, Kaci, and others on our upcoming holidays! Again, thank you to all of our Veterans for all that they do and God Bless the U.S.A.!Happy Veterans Day! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment